Goals of this project are:
- Increase awareness of ASEAN student about the integration of Global Economy.
- Educate the participant how important this phenomenon to their future and how to anticipate its negative effects.
- Learn from South Korea about their strategy in dealing with Global Integrated Economy.
- Panel Discussion
Triple Helix Concept including the role of the government, academic support, and the industry will discuss in this session. To make this discussion conducted systematically, we are going to invite speaker whose represents every aspect of the Triple Helix Concept. Korean researchers have been using this concept to explain South Korea’s innovation ecosystem in the various journal. According to Ranga and Etzkowitz, “the potential for innovation and economic development in a Knowledge Society lies in a more prominent role for the university and the hybridization of elements from university, industry, and government to generate new institutional and social formats for the production, transfer, and application of knowledge.
- Focus Group Discussion
The participants join in group discussion. From here, the participant will share what they have learned from the Panel Discussion and propose some plans and solutions for their own country and ASEAN. Since our target participants are students from various ASEAN member countries, we would like to make sure that each group consists of students from the different nationality. Every group will discuss :
- Established innovation ecosystem in various ASEAN member countries based on participants’ experience and knowledge of their own country
- The strengths and weaknesses of participants’ national innovation system compared to South Korea’s.
- Policy recommendation for ASEAN and its members to improve their innovation ecosystem.
The result of this FGD will be delivered to the related officials of ASEAN and
published through various media.
- Student visit to University of Science and Technology’s innovation laboratory.
- Excursion to a corporation at South Korea.
Call for Essay:
|Call for Essay||Deadline|
|Periode I||20 December 2017 – 3 January 2018||deadline at 22.00 UTC +7|
|Periode II||4 January 2018 – 8 January 2018||deadline at 22.00 UTC +7|
|Please register yourself first at http://bit.ly/KoreanWaysAYD
This form for our online discussion platform. We will conduct the online discussion before and after the event to broadening knowledge about Innovation in Economy.
After you fill this form, please send your essay to our email firstname.lastname@example.org
Essay Rules and Regulations
- The essay should be written in English.
- Entries may be submitted as an individual or group effort–however the essay must be unpublished work. For entries of group effort, only a maximum of 3 authors are allowed
- The essay should be between 2,000 to 4,000 words (excluding the main title, front sheet information and any references), typewritten with double-spacing on A4-size paper with all pages numbered.
- The Essay must be submitted in soft copy (Microsoft Word format ONLY) via AYDC mail at email@example.com
- The Essay must be submitted no later the deadline that we’ve given.
- The essay will be assessed in confidence by an independent panel of judges. Results of the appraisal will be announced the schedule below.
- When sending in the essay, please include a front sheet containing:
- A 100-150 word abstract
- Author’s name
- Contact telephone number
- Date of birth
- Details of the educational institution that you attend.
- The essay must be on one of the following topics:
- The Role of Innovation in Fostering Economic Development
- Building innovation ecosystem in ASEAN
- South Korea’s Innovative Economy
- It is the responsibility of the authors to ensure that all the sources are properly cited using the correct format. We suggest the authors to use the Chicago Style Citation. You can download the guide here . Any cases of alleged plagiarism will be promptly investigated.
- Entries that do not comply with any of the above-mentioned rules will be disqualified.
The result of essay appraisal :
|Result of essay appraisal||Time|
|Periode I||3 January 2018||2.00 UTC +7|
|Periode II||9 January 2018||2.00 UTC +7|
The result of essay appraisal will announce privately to each participant email through firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission of delegate : 27 December 2017 – 25 January 2018
|Down Payment*||27 December 2017 – 8 January 2018||300 USD|
|Pay off payment*||9 January 2018- 25 January 2018||400 USD|
|*You can also do full payment at once during this time (27 December 2017 – 25 January 2018)
This event is a Self-paid program. The amount is 700 USD. The payment is including the necessary accommodation during in South Korea, they are:
b) transportation during the program (exclude airfare ticket),
c) breakfast and lunch,
d) seminar kit.
Please scan the transfer receipt and send it via email email@example.com with your travel documents. The committee will send proof payment receipt within 7 working days.
| Cancelation Policy!
Cancelation must be confirmed in writing (via email). If we receive notice of your withdrawal before 25 January 2018, down payment will act as cancelation administrative fee. Thereafter, we regret that we are unable to refund any fees.
Technical meeting : 3 February 2018.
This technical meeting for explaining more about the travel. Participants can discuss with the committee the detail of everything about the event. The participant who can’t reach Jakarta can join this meeting at Instagram Live on the same day. We will open meeting in Bahasa and English. The place and time will announce at least 1 week before the day.
Deadline for sending all travel document (passport, visa, permission letter) : 25 January 2018
Your abroad document need for our data during in South Korea. Please keep in mind that these documents for our safety. The documents that must be sent to email firstname.lastname@example.org are:
- scan of passport for foreign participant,
- South Korea visa for foreign participant,
- student card,
- scan permission letter from the parents/guardian (for minor age student).
Meet at Incheon Airport, South Korea : 26 February 2018
We provide an airport shuttle for participants. We suggest you to Incheon International Airport. Please choose the flight which arrives on this day around morning or noon (at least 16.00 South Korea Time). We don’t provide night airport shuttle
See you at University of Science and Technology, South Korea!